I wanna make you smile
whenever you're sad
Carry you around when your
arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is grow old
with you
I'll get your medicine when
your tummy aches
Build you a fire if the
furnace breaks
Oh it could be so nice,
growing old with you
We parked our bicycles on the side of the lake.
Then we sat on the bench.
We discussed many things, all
things.
Oh except our political
views.
Since I'm always resentful
every time we talk about it.
We wondered at how people
become so stupid in defending their religion.
Even when we just silently
sat without talking anything, I felt comfortable.
You laid your head on my
shoulder.
Wasn't really comfortable,
was it?
For I am shorter than you.
For I am shorter than you.
I'll miss you
Kiss you
Give you my coat when you are
cold
Need you
Feed you
Even let ya hold the remote
control
Then you laid on my lap.
You closed your eyes.
You were smiling.
The wedding party behind us
was crowded.
The singer sang 'I Wanna Grow
Old With You'.
You sang it with your eyes
closed.
I rubbed your head.
'Oh how your son is so
lovely, God.' I thought.
I kissed your eyes and I
smiled.
We were talking, sharing,
laughing.
I farted, you were odor
because of all the sweat.
But I found the scent was
lovely.
The universe was radiating
positive energy, happiness.
'Oh the Ruler of the
Universe, can we stay like this forever?' I asked silently.
So let me do the dishes in our kitchen sink
Put you to bed when you've
had too much to drink
I could be the man who grows
old with you
I wanna grow old with you
-Adam Sandler, I Wanna Grow Old With You.
0 comments:
Post a Comment